Being in a car accident is a very difficult situation on a number of levels. Your pain is sometimes secondary to the aftermath of having your car at the mechanic as well as the stress of dealing with your insurance and potentially missing work.
While you are in a hurry to get your car fixed and back to normal activities, make sure to see your chiropractor before you make any major decisions. There could be underlying injuries that a minor stiff neck are not allowing you to uncover. A car accident is a major event and the trauma that come from them could be significant.
Chiropractors are specialists in soft and hard tissue problems including the results that could come from the trauma from a car accident. Make sure you see your chiropractor to get a full examination.
Facts You Should Know About a Car Accident
- You must seek medical attention within 14 days of your accident to access medical/chiropractic benefits.
- Florida is a no-fault state, no matter who gets the ticket you are entitled to receive treatment.
- If the accident is not your fault insurance companies cannot raise your insurance premium even if you have been treated for injuries.
- If you don't have a legal status in the US you are still entitled to receive a minimum of $10,000 for treatment.
- Under State of Florida Law you are entitled to receive a minimum of $10,000 for medical & chiropractic treatment.